In the first part of our "30 Over 30" series, 4meglam sat down with Bowie Remaley, Vice President of Special Projects at Radiology Partners in Los Angeles.
Devoted Doggie mom. Fiercely loyal friend. Steward of GSD (Getting Stuff Done)
Bowie is an accomplished, results-driven professional with over 20 years of experience in business development, mergers & acquisition at top tier financial services firms and Fortune 50 companies.
Mirroring our love for animals and representing Kind Beauty in its truest form, she is the first to be featured in our series of “30 over 30 “ interviews with some remarkable ladies. #30over30 #greatwomen
Photo of Bowie with her sidekick while wearing cruelty-free 4meglam limited edition "Ladies Night Out". 4meglam never tests on animals.
1. When do you feel most empowered? When I have a good night’s sleep and the knowledge that I have the unwavering support of my friends and family.
2. Can you share an example of how you juggle work-life and personal interests?
Given the stress of my job, I know that keeping fit and healthy is essential for me to maintain balance in my life. To ensure that I get my fitness time in, I schedule my workout time in my calendar so that there are no scheduling conflicts. I treat my time for exercise (yoga, spinning, running) like any other scheduled meetings by showing up on time, leaving myself with some room to prepare and being present during the session.
3. Can you share an example of a random act of kindness that you received?
I was waiting on a queue at a Taco Truck recently and the customer in front of me bought a taco for himself and me. It was completely unexpected, especially in a city like Los Angeles.
4. Inclusiveness to you is …
Valuing the viewpoints and ideas of those who are different from oneself, whether that difference is based on culture, religion, ethnicity, geography or educational background.
5. On the theme of the multi-hyphenate woman, if you were a superhero, what would your ego and alter-ego be?
As a multi-hyphenate woman, I wouldn’t have any egos. But my alternatives personality would be to serve as a cultural ambassador to expand people’s views and bridge the empathy gap that is dividing our world.
6. If you were a lipstick color, which one would it be and what would you call it.
The color would be Rose Pink and I would call it “Pretty in Pink” as I really loved the movie Pretty in Pink.
7. A piece of advice you'd give to your younger self.
Don’t waste precious time crying over boys. Spend your time building your career, nurturing your relationships with your family….and hone your surfing skills now so you can show them who is boss on the waves.
8. Share a secret never to be told except on Instagram
J It wouldn’t be a secret if I told you….:-)
9. What do you feel is your calling?
I’m still waiting for that ‘call’ for now I am happy experiencing whatever adventures life throws my way.
10. What is your favorite quote to keep you going?
“There is beauty and humility in imperfection” – Guillermo del Toro